Monday, July 16, 2012

On Being A Bully

Riley Came up tome a couple days ago after having a hard couple days listening and obeying her parents. I was at the end of my very very short-tempered rope and had raised my voice a few(thousand) times. She said to me..

"Mom, so you know that Heavenly Father said to be nice to people and that we need to not be bullies. So next time when I or Mak is bad you just need to smile and laugh and be happy at us and not be a bully so you don't make Heavenly Father sad."

I kind of couldn't believe it and had to keep back the laughter as I responded...

"Yes Bug, I know I shouldn't be mean. But you know that Heavenly Father also said that you need to listen obey and be nice to your mommies and daddies. So when you don't do those things it makes him sad too."

This is what she said. "Oh....."

Nice try Bug.