Wednesday, April 16, 2008

We have finally reached a milestone! For a while now Dale and i have not been able to take Riley to any restaurant with us!  She would scream and cry and put up a huge fuss until we just gave up and left and took all of our food home with us to eat! We would always leave our date nights frustrated and not in very good spirits! Dale and I both are going to school and he works full time and we hardly would see each other a half hour a day during the week so we decided that saturday nights would be our time to catch up! It was supposed to be a time that we could sit down and relax and have fun!! Well we gave up! For a few months now we have been able to get babysitters and it was very nice! I really enjoyed our alone time!! And boy did we need it! Dont get me wrong we loved spending time with Riley and we did get some family time but we just needed some hubby-wife time!! Well this last saturday we were not able to get a baby sitter but we were determined to still be able to go out so we decided to try date nights with Riley again! And to our wonderful surprise it was sooo much fun! she had never behaved so well at a restaurant!!! It was Red Robin so we knew there would be lots of pictures to distract her but we never knew it would go as well as it did!! This all might seem a little silly to some... but it was an incredible feat for us!! 



2 comments:

Jamie said...

Way to go Riley!! I say teach em young to get used to restaurants! Thanks Riley for hangin with your auntie J. tonight:):)

Anonymous said...

What a relief that must be! I honestly can't remember a time when we went to a restaurant as a family and ate dinner. It's been take-out for this Dent family...well, I take that back, we have been able to sit down at a restaurant with Brady & Kodi, but one of the Grandparents has always been present so they were always entertained.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the third picture of Riley....that is seriously the cutest...I couldn't stop staring!