Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Up in the air

No I am not doing a movie review. I am starting to rethink the way I do this blog.

Dale always tells me not to worry about what other people think, that this blog is more for our own journaling purposes than anything else. I try to take his advice but I have a hard time thinking that people really want to read what I have to say. I have a tendency to go on and on and on, (a trait I got from my Mother.) I am not very well spoken, and I know I am not that interesting.

I have considered a couple things. In my everyday life I am horrible at taking pictures of my family. So as far as the journaling is concerned I have come up with an idea to make sure I take a few pictures a day of the goings on with Bug and Mak and post the picture I like the most with a description of our day, however mundane they may be. People might not be interested but it might be fun for our kids to look back on someday. Then at the end of the year I could make my blog into a little memory book just for our family to have. A family journal. That way, maybe, the blog will be a little more about what needs to be said rather than what I thinking people want to hear. If people don't read the blog I wouldn't be hurt I would know that I am doing this for my family and to keep memories.

The second idea is pretty much a run- off of the first. I love that even just a few people read my blog. It makes it a little more fun but if what I do really is for other people than I might need to rethink it all. I have thought about doing the picture and daily journal but in a different way. I would be cutting off my blog, making it private and inviting no one to it. Just so I don't have to worry about the opinions of others. Let loose a little say exactly what I want to say. I know i should be able to do that now but no matter how hard I try something reigns me in every time.

I don't really know what to do at this point but I know I should change it up somehow........

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Great idea, but I love reading your blog and would miss it if you were private!!

michelle parker said...

i too would miss reading your blog. and i think you should say whatever you want to say on here....its YOUR blog!