Saturday, June 4, 2011

In a Million Years

Never in a million years did I see myself with Daughters.

Boys were all I knew.
If you knew me anytime before high school, you know what I am talking about.
Tomboy to the extreme.

I always swore that when I got married I only wanted boys. No girls for me. I knew that it wasn't really up to me but i couldn't help but wish. 

Girls terrified me. Literally. When I found out that Bug was of the female variety I was TERRIFIED. I don't think I told one person, even Dale.

My thoughts were something along the line of:
I cant raise this child to be a confident woman when I have no confidence as a woman myself. I can fake it but its not there. I wont be able to dress her fashionably. I wont be able to do her hair. or teach her how to do her hair. I wont be able to show her the affection a little girl needs.

I was full of doubts. Lots and lots of doubts.

Dale says I jinxed us. That we will only ever have girls because of my wishes. haha

Maybe that's true. They sure are cute though aren't they??



Seriously.
My fears have been subdued. I love my girls and as they have grown and as I grow to know them better, bit by bit, things become a little clearer to me.

The funny thing is, i know we make cute girls but if someone had told me 6 years ago that I would get 3 offers in one month from families with 3 kids or more, have all boys and all are pregnant and due before the end of the year, that if we have a girl (which apparently is likely) and they have their boys, that we should switch.
 None of them serious of course but hilarious none the less! 3 people offering up their children to switch!

I cant get over it!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I was the exact opposite. I didn't know what I would do if I had boys. I pictured myself with only girls. Boys terrified me. But I have to tell you, that I love my boys more than anything else in the world (except maybe my daughter). I know you'll be happy with whatever you have, but know that the bond between a mother and son is very special. (I'm lucky enough to have one of each. My kids and I always joke that I have one of each - a girl(Anastasia), a boy (Isaac), and a monkey(Nicholas). LOL)

What am I saying? They're ALL special no matter WHAT they are. :)