So today Dale and I finally decided to get Riley's ears pierced!!! It was SO not what we expected it to be! Riley is such a stubborn child... If she doesn't want to sit through something she will do everything in her power to NOT sit through it. I have NEVER seen a baby to match her will power! Most kids can be talked down, calmed down or distracted but not the Bug! She has a one track mind and she is freakishly strong. So we expected her to freak out quite a bit and throw enough of a fit because of what was happening that we would end up leaving without having accomplished our goal...... We were SO surprised! We let her help pick out the earrings (Pink of course) and told her she was gonna get them put in her ear and they would be so pretty! She was excited!! Then the lady started to touch her ears.... She started to get suspicious! She kept eyeing her like this............

While the Lady marked her ears. It was so much funnier in person! The the Lady put the little white gun to her ears and she was SURPRISINGLY calm...... Until After. Then it looked like this......

I thought that it was cute that they had a little bunny for her to hold onto to love when she started to feel the pain. After that the lady waited a little and Dale was able to calm her down a little and talk her into letting the lady do the other side! AMAZING! Dale did so good at talking her through it! I am so glad he was willing to be the one to hold her on his lap and that he was calm enough to try to keep her smiling and trusting! This is her after........

If this picture had any subtitles it would be "I hate you Mom and Dad for tricking me into this and making me think this would be fun!" She didn't want to look in the mirror right away, she was to angry, but then we took her to go potty and she was happy enough to check herself out in the mirror and be glad she had cute "Pinks" in her ears. We thought maybe she would be crying all night just because she wouldn't be able to let it go but as soon as we told her she could go play at the "playground" in the mall and get a treat she was fine! She ran right into the playground and didn't skip a beat! She was as happy as could be! It was as if nothing had happened! I tried to get a happy picture afterwards but I couldn't get her to old still long enough! She was too excited to play! She brought up the fact she had "hurts" in her ears a couple times but she didn't notice or remember enough to bring it up constantly. It wasn't until it was time for bed and I had to treat them that she got defensive. She told me she didn't want to wear the earrings to bed but forgot about it quickly enough when we went into her room to read her bedtime story! I will have a better after picture when I can get her to sit still long enough! They are so cute and I am so happy we got it done! Our little Bug surprises us all the time!
2 comments:
Poor little Bug!! I bet they are soo cute:)
How fun! I can't wait to see them!!!!
Post a Comment