Thursday, June 24, 2010

One Big Birthday!

Riley Bug is Now FOUR!!
Her Birthday turned out awesome and she had a really fun day!!
She kept saying though that she was three and wouldn't be 4 until her party!!
I think she is smart.
Her party went off, but I cant say without a hitch!
I didn't start baking, what was supposed to be a 2 layer cake, until 2 hours before the party.
I was decorating it until almost 430 and everyone got there at 4!
Side note to family: When did you start showing up on time to things?
Haha
My Best friend Jessica Was sooo awesome though and since I didn't have time to make any cupcakes she spent the whole day before baking and decorating 40 cupcakes!!
Ya she is pretty awesome!!
Check out her Blog!
ANYWAY!
Here is the happy birthday girl!
Of course after all the work I did on the decorations I didn't think to get a "Real" picture of it all! But at least I got a somewhat decent picture of the cake with some of the finished stuff in the background!
The cake I made from
SCRATCH!!!
If any of you know me you know this doesn't happen!
I wasn't blessed with many domestic skills and certainly not ones in the baking arena but everyone that tasted it loved it! I guess it was OK! ;)
It had Oreo halves as polka dots. The insides didn't go to waste.. I put blue food coloring in the leftovers and made a few more polka dots on it!

She LOVED all of her presents!
It really was like Christmas for her!
Big Family=Lots of presents!
(Even if I tried to tell people they didn't have to!!)



After the party buzz wore off she was able to really enjoy ALL her presents!
A couple times she told us she wasn't 4 yet and so we said "All right if you aren't 4 we will have to take all your presents away!"
That ended her issues!!

Her biggest present out of all of them was an African Spurred Tortoise.
The thing will grow to over 100lbs.
Her Uncle Damon and Stephen had fun surprising her with that!
I will post about that later!

Happy Birthday Bug! We love you so much! You add so much spice to our lives everyday! No day is ever boring or routine with you! You keep us guessing and you are the most personable little human I have ever met! No one can resist your charms, your eyes or your smile! You are the best big sister and Mak just adores you!!
I cant wait to watch you grow up!

P.S We went to the doctor for her 4yr appointment! Poor girls got 4 shots! She handled it like a champ! She is just over three feet tall and she has FINALLY broken the 30lb barrier!! (34lbs) I asked about her height... She is average height and proportionate so STOP TEASING THE POOR GIRL!! Haha

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Whats a party if you can't have a gift or two? Hey, I made sure I was super late, so don't be mad at me.....:)

Anonymous said...

I have some pics of her b-day on the camera..waiting for dad and Julie to get back with it. : )