I LOVE Halloween, I always have. I have always thought it was so fun to dress up and get free candy from people.
I had these neighbors when I was little that gave out Dunkin Donuts Donut Holes as treats. They probably still do but I haven't lived near that neighborhood since I was 10. As long as you were in the first HUGE group to come they would have it for you. I was almost always in the top 5 and since they LOVED me I would get those choose the 3 donut holes I liked best. (almost always I chose two glazed chocolate and one regular glazed!) No one else had that privilege.
Anyway, We never really decorated for Halloween in my house growing up. We always got pumpkins but besides a couple decorations that was about it. I am not bitter about it I completely understand. I am the youngest of 10 by the time my parents got to the end of the line I am sure all their Halloween wind was GONE! :) (Although, I am not really sure my parents were ever huge fans.) I think though, that maybe my parents indifference to the "holiday" made it so that I had a greater love for it. Especially since I have children now I want to make it special for them and let them know this is the day to have fun! I think I have succeeded. Riley talks about Halloween year round. She is planning what she wants to be next year before she has even decided for this year. This is the trick or treat part....
Treat: I love how Riley gets so excited to get dressed up
Trick: She actually has to make up her mind about a costume. We go through four a DAY!
Treat: Riley gets to help pick out the costumes for Dale, Makenna and I.
Trick. Three more costumes she cant decide on and more time spent trying to come to a conclusion.
Treat: Being able and wanting to make all the costumes
Trick: Being able and wanting to make all the costumes
Treat: Decorating for something fun
Trick: Having no decorating skills and limited decorations.
Treat: Costumes
Trick: Costumes handmade or store bought both end up being TOO expensive!
I have to take the tricks with the treats because seeing my girls, mainly Riley Bug for now, getting excited about it all is worth it! I am trying to teach myself how to do Halloween on a budget and so far its working but I still have 2 costumes to START and 2 to finish...
No comments:
Post a Comment