Saturday, August 20, 2011

What Baby?

I can't believe its been two years.
I can't believe that we have had enough time to go from this...


To this...

Makenna is so grown up. She has gone from babbling constantly to talking constantly. She knows words   and phrases that surprise me every day.

My favorite is 
" Wiwey is at shool... I guess. Daddy is at wowk... I guess"
She says these as she shrugs her shoulders and looks up at me with those big dark eyes!
I say big "dark" eyes because i still haven't decided what color her eyes are. Sometimes she looks at me and they are unmistakeably brown. Other times they are a deep dark olive green!

She has the most beautiful golden curly locks! I have no idea where they come from but they sure are gorgeous!

She is happy 95% of the time and is throwing huge tantrums the other 5%.

She is the biggest cuddle queen ever and loves to give loves.

She is the child of one million facial expressions, which I can never seem to capture on camera...
She has the sneakiest eyes. She thinks she can get away with anything. 
(I am on to you child!)

Her favorite song to sing is "I Love to See the Temple" She asks for "Da teempoo song" every night before she goes to bed and she sings right along with me to every word. There is nothing sweeter! I promise!!

She loves going for walks in the stroller to pick up Riley from the bus stop, its her favorite time of day!

Every time she sneezes she says, "Kenna's ok! I'm ok!" and every time someone sneezes she has to ask and make sure they are ok!

Her favorite things in the world are her "mimi" (blanket) and her thumb. I dont know how anyone of us would survive if she didnt have either!

Sweetness aside she is one tough cookie! Nothing phases her. Even when she takes a hard fall to concrete and her teeth split her lip...


She is very open and not shy at all. She will talk your ear off no matter who you are!

She already has a very nurturing mothering personality and loves to carry dolls around. She makes sure they are wrapped tightly in blankets and she rocks them and pats their back. I can not wait to see how she reacts to her little brother when he gets here!

To top all this off she is IMPATIENT! This child puts me to shame... We are working on it.

Happy birthday Makenna! I love you so much!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Kenna, Happy Birthday little lady!!

Marisa said...

She is so cute! I can't believe how fast time flies by!