You know what is SO stressful for me? Having to call people who you pay for services such as cable and telling them you no longer want to give them your money. I go into a cold sweat every time.
So nervous.
I don't know why it bothers me so much when it doesn't phase other people in the slightest.
Even talking on the phone with people I am comfortable talking face to face to gets me nervous. Talking with anyone but my immediate family on the phone makes me nervous like this.
Its ridiculous.
I am ALMOST one of those people that take them up on their (not so) fabulous offers they have for you all of the sudden just so that I don't have to be so nervous. I, however, refuse to be a pushover. I have to make myself angry at them just so I don't feel guilty. I get a little mean and a little pushy!
"CAN I JUST CANCEL? I JUST WANT TO CANCEL. I AM JUST CANCELING!!"
I know it is stupid to feel nervous and guilty. I know I will never hear from them or see them ever and I know how relieved i get when the phone call is over thinking of the money i wont have to pay them anymore but i just cant help it.
I have issues. Please tell me I am not the only one???
4 comments:
you're not the only one!!
I make my husband make those phone calls because I always feel guilty instead of nervous about telling them no. Why? I have no idea because its our money not theirs but I still feel guilty. haha so dumb. If I ever make those phone calls I literally am rude when they keep offering stuff and end up saying cancel it and hang up... so you're probably better than me. Good luck!!
I am terrified of making those kinds of calls. I HATE talking on the phone to anyone other than my family- I do love texting- makes things so much easier!! I totally know how you feel. I would have definately made Jonny call!
In a previous job i worked with the companies vendors and got really good at making calls like these :)
Just remember, you have the power, don't give it away :)
I used to be like that! But, ever since I've worked at the office I've worked at, I've been hardened (I don't have to call people very much, but every time I do, it's to give them bad news...like their insurance has termed or we won't see them anymore because we're discharging them for breaking the pain contract they signed with us...). I get yelled at a lot now, so it doesn't bother me so much anymore :)
Post a Comment