Thursday, January 22, 2009

NOW its time....

Well it was a false alarm last time I said Riley was ready for her TODDLER BED but now its official! She is able to get out of her crib without any assistance from a nightstand or a LARGE stuffed Gorilla! Now we have to get the toddler bed that was given to us and give it a little sugar, spice and everything nice! Then its on to figuring out how to transition from crib to bed! I don't think it should be too hard. Every time we go to my sister Jamie's house Riley always wants to take naps in Bubbas bed! She thinks its fun that she can crawl in and out of it and that Mommy can help her fall asleep! (This might be cause for concern) It will be a couple days before Riley will be able to actually try out her new bed because I have to paint it and of course the baby in my belly prevents me from accomplishing such a goal myself. I have to wait for the Man of the House to be able to have a sufficient time frame to accomplish such a goal for me! So until the beginning of next week I hope ( Your hope would be helpful as well. I don't think I can obtain enough hope all by myself) that nap and night time, from now until she is able to move into the bed, wont be complete torture for all of us! You know.... the finding her in the kitchen eating all the snacks that she can reach in the middle of the night......... waking up to hear her playing with toys, not knowing how long it has been since was actually IN her bed! Ugh I am HOPING we are not in for a LONG few days!

2 comments:

EmileeandJonny said...

haha! Seriously the joys of being a mom! always exciting right?!

Herrington Happenings said...

You could always try putting the mattress on the floor while you wait for the bed to be painted. It may be safer than leaving it in the crib frame. It is also a good way to transition from crib to bed as they sometimes still fall out of toddler beds. Nap time is a good time to start doing this because you are awake and can better monitor what they are doing.