Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Some Sugar and Spice......

And of course everything nice! we finally got Riley's bed done! it took a few days because when ever we had time to go paint it, time was not on our side! It would be too dark and too humid and too cold! There is no way with a combination of those three things it would have dried right or on time! So we waited.... and then waited another day... and then decided to not break the Sabbath and then ...YAY we got it done yesterday! Thanks to Dale for being the master of this project. The only things i could do were to scrape off the old stickers from the previous owners and then make sure it was all wiped off and clean! Then Dale had the hard part! Inhale all the fumes! When I finally thought .... "hmmm we don't have any masks, maybe if he held a paper towel with a couple layers up to his face that will help, I handed it to him and he said " Danget, I was just starting to feel happy!" ha ha He is a funny one! It wasn't that bad looking before but it just had some scratches that were noticeable and a few little imperfections and I thought it would look great green! And it does! Dale was very happy with the color I picked! He thought I was smart. (that right there could be the whole purpose of the task!) But, it wasn't. This was!


Isn't it adorable! Dale did such a good painting job! Its perfect!
Riley fell in love with it quickly She thought it was so cool that she had a bed her own size! She didn't want to get off of it! It was NOT hard to get her to go to bed last night! YAY! She does so good sleeping without a crib! The first night we took down the crib and laid the bed on the floor and I laid down on the floor next to her thinking she might need some comforting to get to bed! I WAS WRONG! She just wanted to talk! Mommy was there..... it was talking time! Nope, I wasn't gonna do that! So I kissed her goodnight and walked out she had a little crying fit on and off for about 15 minutes but after that she went straight to bed and didn't make a sound until 8:15 the next morning! Nap time was a little harder but it wasn't bad! Now, there are no problems! It is pretty exciting!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

YEAHHHHHHHHHH I love it how cute. Lucky little bug!!

Anonymous said...

That is SO FREAKING CUTE!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! PS. Holy crap, Riley looks so old! What happened to the little toddler? She looks like such a cute, big grown-up girl! WOW!! Hahaha

KayDee said...

SO STinking CUte! I Love It! Good job Dale!

Kelsea said...

Turned out veeery nice!

She is such a doll..

I tagged you on my blog :)