Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Let this be a lesson......

Well we finally have our computer back...... Its not the same as it was before. It doesn't work the same. Not to mention we lost EVERYTHING that was on it! Luckily because of this blog and Facebook I have most of the really important pictures and details from the past years!

The only thing that I am SOOOOO sad that we have lost for good is a video of my Grandma Dent (Who has dementia and doesn't remember anyone but her children and her husband) reading to Riley when we visited last year! It was the sweetest video and no one in our family had anything like it! I thought that would be something so special for Riley to have since she was too young to remember it. Unfortunately its gone!

Long story short our computer caught a virus and it ended up that we had to wipe our computer clean of EVERYTHING! We had no way of making backup Cd's and videos because our computer wouldn't let us in! But again, Thankfully we have most of the really important stuff still stored on our blog and facebook!

(Hey Lana! Remind me to ask you about the pictures and video you took of Riley on her first birthday!)

So the moral to this story is....... EVERYONE OUT THERE....... Make a backup of all your photos and videos NOW Don't let this happen to you!

Do this or get an external hard drive or SOMETHING because computers ARE NOT as dependable as everyone thinks they are! And if you are thinking "Well, this wont happen to me GUESS AGAIN! I had that exact same mind set and look where I landed! I had been thinking for months that I needed to get Cd's to back up everything but I kept forgetting and putting it off! Its really frustrating!

That's all. I will get off the soap box and start trying to live my life with a dysfunctional computer! ha ha

4 comments:

Jared*Shawna*Skye*Bree said...

Great idea! Ya, I accidently downloaded something that had a virus and almost ruined our computer but luckily we caught it in time. Right after that Jared started making back up cds for all our pix and stuff. That sucks. Sorry girl!

Photography By Jo said...

It's a good thing you have been posting pictures! I have mine backed up on two hard drives and CD's that I send to another state. I lost a hard drive with lots of pictures on it too before getting into photography so I KNOW how devastating it can be.

EmileeandJonny said...

that really stinks. That happened to us about 6 months ago. our computer wouldn't turn on either, then after much praying it did and we were able to save all of our pictures and videos before we had to wipe it clean. Dumb people out there that get their entertainment out of ruining our computers! and our computer hasn't been the same since either! sorry!

Leah Wakefield said...

So this scares me soooo much. I got a lap top not too long ago so I transferred alllll my pictures and files on it in order to organize them and eventually make back ups. But everyday that passes that it doesn't get done, I stress so much. I can't imagine losing everything. My mom's computer crashed 3 days ago and lost everything so it has def scared me into getting it done faster.