So I would show you pictures but I am so frustrated right now. Plus I didn't get the "after" photo that I wanted.
I will explain.
So A lady from my M-I-L ward GAVE us these GORGEOUS matching twin captains bed for the girls.
I couldn't believe it. I was so excited to get them painted and get Riley in one of them! So last night I finally got the motivation to do it and i spent all night from the time we put the girls to bed to about 1:30 this morning painting and putting some cute touches to them.
I cut up the bed skirt (since its a captains bed and they don't need them) to put some cute fabric touches on the doors on the bottom of the bed and I had some drawer knobs that I had bought about 6 months ago that I was dying to use on the doors.
Well I get EVERYTHING done and it looks SO good (if I do say so myself) and when Dale and I tried to move it into Riley Bugs room this morning we couldn't get it in the doors!!!!!! The frame is a MONSTER and it doesn't come apart and we couldn't do anything to wedge it into her room because the hallway is too narrow. It wont fit through the windows because they are half windows and there is no way it could be turned to fit.
FRUSTRATED!
So all that work I did to realize that I cant even get it into the room. Riley was so excited and so was I.
I guess her mattress will just be sitting on the floor for another couple weeks until we figure out weather we want to cut it in half (which would make it so that it would only last so long before the whole thing would crumble out) or go buy a different one.
I have scoured (?) craigslist and there is nothing that I even remotely want on there. I am DONE with the DIY stuff for a bed.... Too upset for that. I want something I can just put together and take apart that's in great condition, that needs no work. The only thing I have found that I can afford is a cheap 30 dollar one from ikea. I am sure it works and I am just about to suck it up and do it.
So upset.
2 comments:
I know you said you are done with projects, and I don't blame you. However, I say don't give up. I found a blog that has a cheap easy way to make matching beds for your girls. http://m.designmom.com/2009/07/build-two-toddler-beds-for-75/. Just a thought if nothing else turns up.
Maybe Dad can come and look @ them and see if he can get it apart some way and therefore inside the room....how frustrating!!!!
Mom W.
Post a Comment