Tuesday, July 29, 2008
We have started potty training!
I don't know if this is something I should be blogging about but I am a little excited and a little scared and this is a big milestone in a babies and mommies life so here it goes! Yes I finally decided that I needed to face my fears ... and if Riley was ready than I had no choice! I was so scared of potty training! It was just not something I wanted to face! I have heard story after story and all of them scared me! Don't get me wrong..... I would LOVE to not have to change diapers but the process was just too intimidating for me to face! Well.... we went last night to the store and bought her a potty! She was soooo excited to sit on it! This made me feel a little better... a little hopeful.... Our plan once we got it home was to just let her sit on it for a few days or however long it took for her to get a little more comfortable with it and start taking her diaper off when she asked! Well when we got home we put her on it and she didn't want to sit on it..... with her clothes on!!!!!! We had to take ALL of her clothes off before she would sit on it! She wouldn't have just the diaper off that wasn't allowed! But she thought it was the coolest thing to sit on the potty like Mommy! Once we had her on it she didn't want to get off! We were there for about 5 minutes when she went pee! She was sitting on the potty!!!!!! We could not believe it! So of course we had to make a big deal out of it so she knew it was a good thing to go on the potty! We knew though that it was just a coincidence but it still gave me hope! And of course its just the beginning of the process but today she went 2 times on the potty! I haven't got the timing just right but I am working on it! And now she knows that going on the potty is a good thing! I am still a little freaked out.... but I am a mommy and I am gonna have to get through this eventually! ha ha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Have fun with that!!! I am sure it will be hard, but I am sure well worth it later!!! Sounds like it is going very good so far!!! Keep it up!!
YAY!!!!! Way to brave it!
Sounds like you and Riley are off to a great start! Yeah for potty training! Not the easiest thing to do but well worth it!
That is GrEaT!!! Go Riley...AND mommy of course!
Oh I LOOOOVE a potty trained little tike! Way to go Riley BUG!!!! Sounds like your off to a great start GOOD LUCK!!!!!
Post a Comment