Wednesday, August 13, 2008

On a sad note.....


I know that this normally isnt the thing you put on blogs and i hate to ruin the happy aura of the blogging world but i have some very sad news! I received a call at 9:30 tonight telling me that one of my closest friends Ashley Mortensen was hit by a car and was in very bad shape. 2 minutes later I called the person that told me back to find out what I could do and where I needed to go to be with the family. I was informed at that moment that she had not made it. They did everything they could and she just didnt pull through. She was an unbelievably happy girl! She went through life facing her family adversities with a smile on her face! She never let anything get her down! She was going to be married to the man of her dreams on September 25th and she was the happiest I had ever seen her in the many years I have known her! She was at the peak of her life! It was her time! I have never gone through something like this so  this has been hard on me but I will pull through with her soldier of a spirit on my side! She was a great friend! She was always there when I needed her no questions asked and I know that will continue! I know she is more happy now than she has been and that she is where she needs to be! I will miss her sooooooo much! I love you Ash!!!!!

6 comments:

Ashley Dent said...

I am so sad to hear! Your mom called this morning and talked to Nelson and we about died! She is such a sweet girl! Let her family know that they are in our thoughts and prayers.

The Gordons said...

Aw...This is way hard. I love her and miss her so much! I know she's totally like suck it up. It just makes me really grateful for the relationship we had with her. I love you Cajsa and we love Ashley she couldn't have been more perfect.

KayDee said...

I am so sorry!! You and their family are in our prayers! Love Ya!

Pallets and Pearls said...

I can't believe that it is true, my mom called me that night. I grew up with Ashley, she was in my ward. It is so sad, but you are right she is in a way better place now.

Marisa said...

I can't believe it, Heather and I were in her ward forever... she must have a GREAT purpose on the other side.

Kelsea said...

oh my word, cajsa.. this is horrible news. Im really sorry.
HEr dad was my sunday school teacher for years in the ward.


There all in my prayers including you, i know you two were always clsoe.