Sunday, August 23, 2009

Our Story

So now that I have just a second to breathe I figured I needed to write down the whole story. (this is really long so beware!!)

Well like I said before we were supposed to go into the hospital at 5 am on Wednesday to start the inducing process but apperently the hospital got slammed that night with laboring mothers! So when they didnt have any room for me they called y parents house to tell me couldnt come in! MY PARENTS!! I guess the banner hospitals had my records in their system under my maiden name and still living with my parents! That took a little bit to sort out and there was some confusion with my maiden name being on the records! So my poor parents get a call at 3:30 in the morning from the hospital searching for me only to realize that I had a new last name and didnt live at that residence! Ha ha So my dad gave the hospital my home phone number and Dales cell. When we didnt her either of those phones ringing they called my parents BACK and got my cell phone! Luckily my phone was in my room so we finally heard it and my parents didnt get another call!

So I called back a few hours later to see where I stood and they said that I would get in late morning /early afternoon. At least I knew that I WAS gonna get in that day! We had some time to get ready and get our bags situated and then we decided to go spend some more time with The Bug before we went into the hospital. Before we did we needed to go get the registry done at the hospital and maybe see if we were any closer to getting called in. We did some of the papers and left the hospital to go hang out with Riley at Dales parents house. We left the hospital at about 11:30 and by 12:30 they called us and told us they had a room and for us to come in!!!

We were at the hospital in about 2 minutes and started signing MORE papers! We were done with that and in our room by 1:30. The nurses got me ready and asked me the million questions they have to ask and got me to sign the million papers that they needed signed. Then at almost 2 they started my Pitocin IV. I wanted to feel my body progress a little and see how the pitocin was working and then I got my epidural at 5:04!

Once I got my epidural it was a long wait! The epidural completely took over my body! I couldn't move my legs I couldn't even pull my upper body anywhere! I had no control at all!! I couldn't sit up without failing over and I think I almost fell off the bed a couple times just for trying!! They actually had to call in the anesthesiologist to lower the epidural amount although that never really did anything! Luckily my body was taking the pitocin better and I was having some serious contractions really soon after they started the drip. Even though I was having hard contractions I never really got to a steady contraction pattern so we just had to wait and wait! Dale and I watched The Diamondbacks lose over and over again, played some games and watched movies to try to pass the time. We were getting more anxious and time was passing so slow! My sister Jamie came and took a bunch of "before" pictures so that kept us entertained for a while and then my parents came and brought Dale dinner so that was also a very welcome distraction.

At 12:30 they checked me and I was still only dilated to a three and 85%effaced so we thought we still had tons of time to go....... We fell asleep for a few hours and at 3:30 Dr. Beck came in to check me and see what we could do to get my body to work with the medicine. When he checked me he realized that I was at an 8 and 100% effaced!!!!!!!! He broke my water and told me that we would have another half hour before I started pushing! We were so excited to hear that we would have our baby soon!

Dr. Beck came back in at 3:50 got everything prepared and got me positioned. I started having a contraction ad so he said we could just start! They told me to push counted to ten told me to breathe started counting again and before they got to ten the second time Makenna was HERE!!!! I cant believe it only took 20 seconds!!!!!!

Once I could feel my legs (a couple hours) they were able to move me to my post-partum room. And then Dale and I could focus on loving up and taking in our new little girl!

We had to wait for a few hours for the world to be up and once we were sure they were we called to have Riley come and meet her Baby Mak! That was the best experience EVER! She walked in the door and was so excited and just wanted to hold her and give her love the whole time! (nothing has changed!)

It was an amazing experience. We had amazing nurses and staff and everything was perfect! We are so happy to have our baby girl home with us!

2 comments:

Leah Wakefield said...

congrats to you too!!!your litte one is just lovely too! It's funny that we still ended up having them the same day, but not on the due date hah. yeah, we got held up with our induction too, it was crazy around that hospital.I am just so happy to have her here now. I hope you guys are doing well and enjoying the new addition!

EmileeandJonny said...

Wow- could you be any more lucky- 1 1/2 pushes! Please tell me your first one wasn't that easy so I can have hope for my second! That is so exciting! I am happy for you!