I realized that I haven't done an update about Mak! I need to do it for myself before I forget it all!
Mak is THE CHUNK! She FEEDS all day! I said it...... She doesn't just eat, she feeds...Its a constant! People don't really believe me that almost all the time if she is awake she is eating! She might be happy for 20 minutes after eating a 4oz bottle but that could be the longest she goes with out having a bottle in her mouth! I think ONCE we got a good hour out of her....ONCE!
With that being said, her thighs are to die for! I could eat them all day! Roll after roll! And of course her cheeks are amazing as well! I kiss those non stop!
At her first doctors appointment after she was born her doctor called her his Miracle baby because she had gained all off the weight she lost after birth plus quite a bit more! At her check up appointments She has been in the 75th percentile for weight, and height. At her last appointment she weighed Just over 12lbs! We were so excited! With Riley we didn't see that weight for a while! Mak at just 11 weeks old weighs HALF of what Riley weighs!
Mak is quite the high maintenance baby! Riley was so different. Riley loved to be left alone she could have cared less if someone was holding her. I could get everything done that I needed. I would just put her in her bouncer and talk to her while I did my "jobs." Mak is the COMPLETE opposite! She loves and needs to be held ALL THE TIME! We really can get nothing done! Unless she is sleeping but even then we have to watch her amazingly close because Riley is a hawk and will attack at the first sign of being alone! She hates that Mak has to sleep and will do anything to stop it! The only way we can get Mak to not be held and be happy is if we lay her on the floor on her back with a boppy under her head while we hover over her and talk to her! She loves it! She gets so happy she gives us the biggest smiles and will talk like crazy! Well, to Dale at least! She doesn't talk to me all that much but I do get lots of smiles! She could talk forever to Dale! She is SUCH a Daddy's little girl!
She is sleeping through the night now! AMAZING! She falls asleep for good at about 10:30 every night and then will wake up at around 8 every morning! Sometimes we have to get up with her at 6 feed her a couple ounces and she will fall right back to sleep! During the day is a different story! She will sleep for a few hours at a time if she is in her swing but during the day she WILL NOT sleep in her bed! If we get her drowsy we can put her in the swing and she will fall asleep pretty quickly with it rocking her. If we even try to get her to sleep ourselves then put her in the bed she will wake up 5 minutes later! We really don't try that any more.
Since Makennas first tries at rolling over she does it every few days! Last night she rolled over three times in a row and after that didn't want to do it anymore! She is figuring out her hands pretty well and has started to reach for things! She grabbed one of her rattles out of my hand the other day and brought it to her mouth! It is very exciting! I forgot about all the little things that were so exciting to watch happen with Riley! All the little things that seem just so little are huge for a baby and are so exciting to watch her learn how to do!
Riley loves her Mak! Riley loves now that Mak will smile at her if she can just handle to not kiss her for 2 seconds and just talk to her from a comfortable distance! She gets so excited! Riley has boundary issues and Mak does not like it when Riley gets in her face but if she stays back both girls are really happy!
We love Makenna and the role she plays in our life and we couldn't be happier!
No comments:
Post a Comment