Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Would the real Makenna......

Please stand up!
K, that was super lame! I realize this!
I was trying to think of a clever way to introduce this post.
I have never been creative.
Anyway
See this amazingly happy girl? Too adorable for words, Yes?
YEP!
She is growing far too fast!
She has been army crawling around since just after her 4 month mark.
She KNOWS how to use her knees and she is really really good at it but she CHOOSES to use her arms to pull her everywhere!
If she gets frustrated enough she will get up on her hands and knees and book it to wherever she needs to go but for the most part she uses her amazing upper body strength to pull her body everywhere.
Her chubby adorable rolly polly body.
What was I saying???
Oh Yeah,
shes STRONG!!
So strong she pulled herself up to standing last weekend!
Yep!! she wasn't even 7 months old and she was pulling herself up!
We were at my sisters house babysitting her kids for her for the weekend and all the babies were in bed and Mak was playing on the floor and Dale and I had pulled out a video game and started playing when I realized that Mak had pulled herself up to standing holding onto the couch! It happened so fast it took a second for it to hit me!
She fell down just as soon as she got up but she still pulled herself up!!
I thought it was a fluke....
NOT EVEN CLOSE!
She has been doing it like crazy ever since!
She is even starting to walk while she is holding onto the things she pulled herself on!
Her legs are becoming really steady and unfortunately I think she will start letting go soon!
Riley started o experiment with walking at 8 and a half months and decided to really walk at 9 months.
I was hoping that Mak would wait a little longer than that but I don't think its gonna happen!
We got home from my sisters house and thought we needed to lower her crib setting but decided to wait just a little bit longer....... Until the next morning.
Dale went in to get her and she was on her knees holding onto the railing.
So I spent the next 30 minutes changing her crib.
Now when we go in to get her from naps and bed time she is full on standing holding onto the bars looking over the top crying for us to get her!
I promise I will have photo proof later!
My baby is growing up so fast.
Part of me wants to just slow her down and another part of me cant help but be so excited and proud!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I feel the same way about coming up with titles, but i think this one was very creative:)

She's adorable!!!!

Jamie said...

She is adorable and moving way too fast, no pun intended...... Let's do a just Mak Photo shoot. We have not documented her growth lately.