Sunday, July 18, 2010

Projects, Projects! Before and After

So Yesterday I decided since Dale ACTUALLY had a Saturday off that I wanted to go to Goodwill! I have been wanting to go for a while but since I never had Dale with me I wasn't even gonna chance it!

So we get to Goodwill and I see the posters "50% off Sale July 17th"

MY LUCKY DAY!!!!

So we go in and i was thinking it would end up like it always does.. never really finding what I want.. until I saw this baby....

The most UGLY/BEAUTIFUL piece of furniture ever!
It was exactly what I was looking for! I have been looking for something with this kind of shape for quite a few months and everything I saw was always over 100bucks and I never wanted to fork out that much just to redo it.
Again, MY LUCKY DAY!!
I paid less than half of that for this beauty.
I couldn't figure out what to do with it but I figured i would sand it down while I was in the process of thinking.

Girls room?
Our room?
Entertainment center?

I finally decided that the area we needed it most was right under our TV!

Then onto deciding the color... I had a hard time..
Red?
Green?
Grey?

Finally I figured that we probably wouldn't want a big piece like that to be so red that it would drown out the rest of the room so BLUE it was!
I found the color I wanted at Wal-Mart kilzed it and painted it until almost 1in the morning! I let it dry overnight and we put it in our family room this morning and this is how it turned out...

I am so IN LOVE with this set up!

Of all the projects I have finished in the last couple weeks I am MOST proud of this!

It livens up the whole room, hides toys and electronic cords and makes the room feel "Homey"

I just want to squeal!!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I's fabulous!!

Jen said...

L-O-V-E It!!!!!!!!!!!

rachael marie said...

That is so freaking cute!! Good job!!

The Gordons said...

I love it, I love it, I love it! The after looks like a snapshot from a magazine! Nice work!