STRESSED
So, the past couple days I feel like I am being repeatedly beaten into the ground by everything.
I think we are doing good then all of a sudden Dales car breaks down and we found out its going to cost around 200 bucks to get fixed when we just put 200 into it to get it running "right." Dale has the worst schedule ever and it is really hard to go on one car with a schedule like his. I am already worried about money and this just tops the cake.
Then I have to worry about my girlie's attitude. She will YELL at me if I tell her no. Today after hurting Makenna THREE TIMES in a row ON PURPOSE to the point of massive screams I tell her to go to bed and she goes to her room screams at me and slams the door. Is this my fault? What on earth have I done to make her so argumentative?! I have tried EVERYTHING!
First was the taking things away, losing privileges. Just more screaming and more tantrums.
Time outs. NOTHING makes her stay in. If i was to do the super nanny thing she would LITERALLY be in there ALL DAY. What good is that going to do when she wont even remember what she was in there for in the first place. Its just a power play and those are just making things worse.
I have tried to use the reward system for good behavior. Getting stars when you listen and do things you are asked to do and getting rewards for a certain amount of stars...but THAT'S not working either! She REFUSES to listen to ANYTHING I say to her. When Dale is here the problems are few and far between but the SECOND he walks out the door she becomes another child.
I am totally lost. I am afraid of what is going to happen if I don't learn how to handle her and work with her. Nothing I do is the right thing!
This is all leading to no where but I am so lost. I don't know how to be a mom to her. She is making it impossible and I don't want this to get worse.
I have never been so stressed in my life.

6 comments:
1st of all- YAY you found all your Riley-isms & Links!!!!!
Disciplining children is one of the hardest jobs.
I would just keep her in time out even if it does take all day. At times Katelyn will scream for an hour in her room and then all of the sudden come out all happy and ready to play. Even though we might not think they understand whats going on, i think they know all too well and are just trying to get away with it.
Stay strong and hopefully other with suggest disciplining options too (that way I can learn:)
i havent tried it myself but there is a book called "love and logic" which is supposed to be amazing at helping with this sort of thing. good luck!!!
Yes, NaDene an Darrin had this with one of their's and got the book Michelle mentioned and also took the class! (they REALLY had a hard time) and said this is good...helps you not feel guilty for the discipline...hope your week goes better:)
Mom
Just beat her until she stops. I'm TOTALLY KIDDING! I'm no help but I'll be asking advice when I get to that stage! You're tough and YOU CAN DO IT!!
I think everyone goes through the same thing. Just keep trying. And DON'T feel bad about yourself. It's really hard not to spiral down into the dumps. You know she really loves you! Eventually it'll get better. And I still have bad days too. Just keep blogging so we can keep telling you you're normal. K? :)
Girl, I am right here with ya. Our girls are both the same ages, well I think Riley is a little older than Bailee (can you believe our little ones are almost a year??!!). But, anyway, I feel like our house is one big yell fest all day, everyday!! It really wears on me. This stage of the older girls is so hard, but just know that you are doing an amazing job and don't get down on yourself. Do what works for you and your children and don't worry about the rest! I have had to learn how to handle things so differently in this last year and I am still learning a lot. A big part of it is knowing that no one is perfect and I'm not either (despite how ones blog or whatever makes them out to be). I am learning that I can't care about what other people think about the way I raise or discipline my children, but that I have to care about the well being of my children and my own sanity. So with that being said, I have to do what works for us and that may or may not be what works for other people. Your girls are alright and so are you! Being a mother is the greatest blessing/experience anyone can have, through the good and bad. Keep your head up and if you need to vent or talk we should get together! Sorry this turned out so long....
Post a Comment