Thursday, October 16, 2008

I DONT HAVE A CLUE WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!

Well, we figured out why Riley had such an easy time getting out of her bed and we fixed it so we are gonna wait a while before we are gonna switch her to a "big girl" bed! But now we have a new problem and I am stumped!!!!! She has figured out how to take her diaper off really well. Like, she will take it off by the tabs, one at a time!! She is so excited for herself when she does it so its hard not to be excited with her. So I thought that maybe it was time to TRY the potty training step again! Well sometimes she seems like it is fun for her to sit down and other times I feel like I am forcing her! I DO NOT want to push her into this it will just make it worse.....BUT she will not leave her diaper on for 2 seconds and no matter how hard I have tried for the past 3 days she will not sit on the potty when she needs to. Then I am left with pee spot after pee spot to clean up! But it just doesn't seem to phase her! I learned a little trick when I was putting her to bed and naps that I thought would work for more than 2 days! She has a problem taking off pants or shorts with a tight elastic waist band on it. She just couldn't figure out how to get it passed her big bum but that problem proved easy as of today at the end of nap time! PEE EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!! Ugh I am so frustrated because it feels to me like she is just not quite ready for the potty training but she will not leave her diaper on for 2 seconds!!!!!!!!!! HELP!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Put her diaper on backwards if she figures that out it's duct tape time oh and GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Jared*Shawna*Skye*Bree said...

My mom told me that she had to duck tape our diapers on us. Like tape it all around the top of the diaper. She said it worked like a charm! ;)

Ashley Dent said...

Duct tape her in it! A girl that used to live in our ward, her daughter pulls hers off too but she plays in her poop! Feel lucky!

I just realized every comment says that! HA! Must be the thing to do for this problem! Good luck!