I am not a fan of today. Today is the day Dale has to head back to work after his 3 month paternity leave. He is still in school for 3 more weeks so that means that I wont see him from 7 in the morning until 10:30 at night!
Its the first day and it could not be more horrible! The girls woke up early so I didn't get hardly any sleep, Mak wont stay asleep which means that I am confined to the couch feeding her and Riley wont listen to anything I say!
I feel bad for her because she wont ever see her daddy! His schedule is like this Tuesday through Friday! I seriously am crying thinking about all this! I don't know how many times I have already done this to myself today! I have some separation issues.....
This would be so much easier with Dale here! He can get Mak to sleep and stay asleep and I cant. He was always so good at getting Riley lunch on time and I cant do that because Makenna is always eating or NOT sleeping. Riley is getting NO attention because i am to busy catering to the always needing to be held Makenna.
I don't think this arrangement is going to work out for anybody here! I am so close to just telling Dale to forget his job and just go to school all day! At least he will be able to be home in the afternoons and I would get some sort of sanity during the day!
This is just the first day........
3 comments:
I have totally been there! 2 small babies and a husband that worked full time and went to school full time. It is not fun!!! I dont how I did it. But I know you can. In all the insanity you have to find time, even if it is five min's, to do something for you. Good luck and in the end it will all be worth it.
I think you need some time out for some "adult interaction" as I call it! Let's get together during the day! I know how it feels (although I only have one kid... not quite the same) Jonny works two jobs and goes to school. It's very hard having him away. Sometimes we just need a little us time to talk to another mom and know we are not alone. Seriously- my schedule is pretty free, let's do something! I hope it gets better for you- I REALLY do. By the way, what AMAZING job does your husband have to get 3 months paternity leave?!
I know you can do it. Because I am in the exact same position as you! I am overwhelmed, I am not going to lie, but everyday is new. Our new ones seem to be exactly the same. I swear I am confined to the couch 22 hrs of the day nursing Willow. And Bailee chose just now to potty train. I have to figure out how to juggle Willow while getting Bailee to the potty. Willow wants to be held 24/7 too. Bailee was never like that!! It has been so hard to adjust. But if I can do it, I know you can do it! (Not that I am sane, though lol)
PS Willow cries allll day with me. The minute Chance holds her she is calm and content. They are such daddy's girls, I guess.
Post a Comment